With the new year off to a start, we thought we'd use this opportunity to list some of the PTO fundraising totals from the fall, as well as from the previous 2 Benefit Auctions, and how we've been allocating and distributing those funds.
- PTO has approved $4000 of teacher grants this school year - from funding field trips to purchasing PE/recess equipment. All money raised from Payback Book sales fund teacher grants throughout the year, and this year Harney students raised over $4000!
- Events - Harney Carney raised $675 for the 5th grade promotion, yearbook, and end-of-year festivities
- Restaurant Nights - PTO raised $500 at Harney Night at McDonald's; $700 on Halloween at Beaches Restaurant; and $300 at Panda Express. (Additionally, Beaches Restaurant invited Harney to continue our "residency" there, with an annual Halloween Night with Harney fundraiser!)
- Corporate Giving - PTO has received $500 from Fred Meyer this school year! Thanks to all the Harney families who have linked their FM Rewards Card to Harney Elementary. We've also raised over $500 from Box Tops. Thank you!
- PTO purchased $600 worth of Scholastic Books to fill Teacher Wish Lists during the Book Fair.
- 2014 Auction - Parents and friends of Harney generously donated $1600 for Spanish books for the library during the Paddle Raise at last year's auction. Harney's librarian Ericha Anderson recently used a portion of these funds to purchase 69 new Spanish books for the library. Another portion of the 2014 Auction funds was used to purchase books for the Kindergarten classes, and "Readers Theatre Sets" in both English and Spanish. We will continue to distribute these funds toward literacy-based objectives as we receive grant requests from our teachers.
- After-School Clubs will begin Wednesday, Feb 4th. This is the second year of this program made possible thanks to the funds raised at the 2013 Harney Benefit Auction. These funds will continue to support the After-School Clubs in the 2015-16 school year as well, and Harney will be submitting an application in March for an AmeriCorps Volunteer to oversee the program.
We can't say Thank You enough to all the Harney families, volunteers, and staff, for your support!